It is EUREAU’s mission to promote the common interests of its members to the Community institutions and to keep its members informed of relevant developments in the European arena.
In practice this results in the following main activities:
- To promote the common interests of the European water service sector to the EU institutions and stakeholders;
- To enable its members to adequately deal with opportunities and treats arising from EU policy and its national implementation;
- To support members’ networking.
Our key assets in these activities are:
- A unique concentration of technical, scientific and management knowledge;
- A fair coverage of the European diversity (hydrological, geographical and institutional);
- A network of practitioners who talk directly to the EU officials. Positions are not elaborated in Brussels but are entirely worked out by the experts in our standing commissions;
- A successful track record with the EU Institutions (since 1975).